Happy Friday Pretty Polishers! Most of us in the states are off today for the 4th of July holiday and I couldn’t be happier. However, if you’re not off, I hope your day goes by quickly so you can get started on fun festivities even quicker! Today I’m sharing with you some fun and festive Fourth of July nail art that I created using the super cute Patriotic Trio by China Glaze.
I was inspired by Cambria from a photo I saw on IG. She does the most gorgeous nail art! Love it. To re-create this mani I used the China Glaze Patriotic Trio because it was perfect for this mani 🙂
I picked this set up at my local beauty supply store for $10. The trio includes the following China Glaze polishes:
- With Love (red)
- Snow Globe (white glitter)
- Frostbite (blue)
This is a classic bright apple red. It has a great formula! It’s a teeny bit sheer on the first coat, but evens out perfectly on the second coat.
This is a gorgeous glitter topper with multi-colored, iridescent, circle and hex glitter in a clear base. This is a very versatile glitter that can be used for a large array of manis.
This is a super pretty shimmery and frosty blue. It is semi-sheer on the first coat, but fully opaque on the second coat. It’s a bit brushstrokey but nothing too noticeable.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO CREATE THIS MANI:
- Red, white, and blue nail polish. Glitter topper optional
- Straight nail vinyls and star nail vinyls (mine are from Nail Vinyls)
- clean up brush
- fast drying top coat (I used HK Girl)
STEPS TO CREATE THIS MANI:
- Start off with a good base coat of course, and then do two coats on your pointer finger of the blue and the rest of your nails white.
- Then apply a fast-drying top coat and let your nails dry completely for 15-20 minutes. This is super important because if you don’t allow ample dry time, your polish will lift once you apply the nail stencils.
- Next, apply your star nail stencil to your pointer finger. Press down gently so stencil is secure. Then paint your pointer finger white.
- Remove the star stencil with your tweezers while the polish is still wet.
- Next, apply your straight nail vinyls to your middle, ring, and pinky fingers. Leave enough space in between to create the red stripes.
- Apply the red polish to one nail at a time and remove the vinyls with tweezers while the polish is still dry one nail at a time.
- Once all vinyls are removed, use a small clean up brush dipped in acetone to clean around your cuticles where you may have gotten polish.
- (optional) Apply the glitter topper to the pointer finger to give your stars a blingy look!
- Let all polish dry for about 10 minutes and then apply your fast drying top coat. And you’re ready for fourth of july!
China Glaze is 3-FREE so that means it doesn’t contain Formaldehyde, Toluene, or DBP. China Glaze retails for about $7.50 or less in the US and is sold at Ulta, Sally Beauty Supply, and local beauty supply stores. You can purchase this trio on eBay here.
Do you have any plans for the Fourth? I am doing a BBQ with my family and watching fireworks! Hope everyone has a wonderful 4th of July holiday in the USA! 🙂