Happy Tuesday loves! Who is ready for Thanksgiving?!? If you’re in the US, you are getting ready to spend time with family and stuff your face in a few days! I am traveling to Dallas to spend the holiday with my family there. My boyfriend has never been to Dallas so I’m excited to show him the city and since we will be in town we decided to go to a Dallas Cowboys football game (his favorite team ever)!!! In the spirit of the game, I wanted to do these Dallas Cowboys Nails.
My boyfriend has been a Dallas Cowboys fan since he was a little boy. I have been a fan since my brother moved to Dallas about 15 years ago. The Cowboys are definitely a fun team to watch play football. Now let’s take a look at how I created these.
First you will need a white polish and a fast drying top coat. I used:
- Essie Gel Setter
- French Tip by Color Club
I purchased these Dallas Cowboys water decals on eBay here. The shop has so many designs! They were also super affordable at $3 USD for this pack.
How to create Dallas Cowboys nails:
- First step is to paint your nails white or a very light color. If you use dark colors, the decals won’t show up on the nail. I used French Tip by Color Club because it’s a one coater white.
- After your nails are dry, take the decal sheet and cut out the decal of your preference. Make sure that you cut as close to the image as possible.
- Next take your decal and place it in a lid or shallow cup filled with lukewarm water. Make sure it’s completely submerged in the water. Leave it in there for about 15-20 seconds.
- Use tweezers to take your decal out of the water. Shake off any excess water. Then slide it off it’s backing with your fingers. It will slide right off easily.
- Then place the decal on your nail with the tweezers. I use my finger to tap it on and position it where I want it and to remove any excess water that might have gotten underneath to avoid water bubbles.
- Add a glossy top coat and you’re done!
I created a step by step tutorial on how to create these on my YouTube channel here. Don’t forget to check it out and subscribe if you haven’t already:
These were so easy to do and are sooo perfect for the game! I’m excited and can’t wait!!
Do you watch NFL football? What is your favorite team? Let me know in the comments below!