Happy Friday Lacquered Babes! Easter is this Sunday so naturally I had to try out some cute Easter Chick nail art. I went through Pinterest and Instagram to find inspirations for these nails. There were SO many different and cute manis that I loved! These are a combo of several I saw. I basically liked things from all of them and combined them into one mani. Here are the steps on how to re-create your own Easter Chick nails! These photos were taken outdoors under natural sunlight. Skip to the bottom to see the video tutorial if you’re interested.
Let’s start with the products I used.
From left to right these were the polishes I used all from ZOYA, several from the Spring 2015 Delight Collection, which was perfect for this mani:
- The dotting tools I got in a pack from Amazon. Click here.
- The Spotter brush I bought at my local Michael’s. Click here.
- Chevron nail vinyls (not pictured above, but pictured in the video) from Vinyl Boutique
- Acrylic paint in orange, black, and white. (not pictured above, but pictured in my video. I got my mini acrylic paint set from Michael’s. Click here.
1. Paint your middle and ring finger with a bright yellow polish. I used Pippa. Don’t worry about going all the way down your nail, concentrate on getting the color opaque on the top 3/4 of your nail. I did 3 coats for full opacity.
2. Paint your pointer nail with a pastel blue polish. I used 2 coats of Lillian.
3. Paint your pinky nail with a mint green polish. I used 2 coats of Tiana.
4. Paint your thumb nail with a pastel pink polish. I used 2 coats of Dot.
5. Apply a fast drying top coat to all of your nails. I used HK Girl top coat. She’s the bomb!
6. Wait 15-20 mins before applying the vinyl to your nails. You don’t want the yellow polish to come off when you take the vinyl off.
7. Apply the chevron vinyl a little above the middle of your middle and ring nails. Take any white polish or white acrylic paint and paint the bottom half under the chevron of your exposed nail. I used a generous coat of Alpine Snow by OPI.
8. Quickly, before the paint or polish dries, remove the chevron vinyl with tweezers. You will now have your Chickie egg shape! 🙂
9. Apply your fast drying top coat to the white egg shell once it’s almost dry. Give that part about 10 mins to fully dry.
10. Now comes all the dots! Take your dotting tools and using all of the pastel shades, create small, medium, and large dots scattered on your pointer and pinky nails as well as the bottom egg shell half of your middle and ring nails.
11. Then take a medium dotting tool and dip it in black paint. Make the two eyes for the Chickie.
12. Take your spotter brush and dip it in orange paint. Make a cute little beak for the Chickie. Just make a small triangle facing down.
13. Apply fast drying top coat to all of your nails and you are done with your Easter Chick nails!
Here they are indoors under a high definition lamp.
Here is the step by step video tutorial. Make sure you visit my You Tube channel subscribe and give me a thumbs up!
Hope everyone has a great Easter weekend with your friends and loved ones if you are celebrating.
Stay strong in your Pursuit!