Happy Friday pretty polishers! Today I have a special treat for you all 🙂 I have finally swatched the essie Winter 2015 Collection and it is gorgeous!!! I will be sharing with you swatches of all 6 lovely shades as well as my review and a GIVEAWAY at the end of this post! Let’s take a look at this beautiful collection.
The essie Winter 2015 Collection was curated by the amazingly talented Rebecca Minkoff, essie’s Global Colour Designer, who also happens to be a handbag designer. She makes beautiful and elegant handbags, so I wouldn’t expect anything less from her for this collection. Her inspiration behind these colors was skiing, fashion accessories during the Winter season, and lying next to the fireplace with your loved one. Let’s take a look at her creations:
This is a pale powder pink creme. This is quite streaky so I did 3 full coats for opacity. It is a gorgeous shade, but the formula wasn’t the best.
This is an icy frozen pale lavender creme. This has a much better formula and is opaque in 2 coats. It’s very chic and lovely for Winter.
This is a platinum metallic shimmer. ONE AMAZING coat! WOW!! I was blown away at how opaque and beautiful this color turned out. It dried very quickly and I didn’t even apply a top coat to this. I also had no shimmer mess with removal.
This is a gorgeous strawberry scarlet red creme. It applies like a dream and is very pigmented.
SHALL WE CHALET?
This is a ruby red creme. This applies really smooth and is almost opaque in 1 coat, but needs a full 2 coats for opacity. It is also very pigmented. However, it stained a bit on the sides of my nails, so double up on the base coat.
This is a black base filled with iridescent purple flakes which essie likes to call “amethyst fire”. It was very opaque and almost covers completely in the 1st coat however I did 2 coats for full opacity.
Here is a macro of the flakes gorgeousness:
I really enjoyed this collection! My faves are Virgin Snow and Apres-chic. Which one from the collection was your favorite?
Don’t forget to watch my YouTube video here where I compared these beauties to other past essie polishes!
Essie Cosmetics is owned by L’Oréal. The brand has over 250 shades in the permanent collection, plus releases four seasonal color collections and two specialty collections every year. Essie is 3 FREE and sold in drug stores, salons, and beauty supply stores world wide. They retail for about $8.50 USD.
1 lucky reader will receive the essie Winter 2015 Collection (total of 6 polishes)
Rules & Info:
- You must be subscribed to my YouTube channel and enter your information in the widget below. I will be checking both for entries.
- The giveaway is open in the US & Canada.
- The giveaway will run from the publishing of this post until midnight EST on Monday, March 14, 2016.
- The winner will have only 48 hours to respond to my email claiming their prize, after that a new winner will be selected.
- You must be 18 or older to enter.
- You will get an extra entry if you follow me on Instagram and Facebook, but it is not mandatory.
- No subscribing and unsubscribing once the giveaway ends. Unsubscribers will be banned from future giveaways.
- Please read all the rules & regulations in the Rafflecopter widget below.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
GOOD LUCK 🙂