Hi loves! Happy Thanksgiving everyone!! If you are in the US, then chances are you are celebrating by eating a big turkey surrounded by family and friends. I am currently having a blast in Texas with my family! I wanted to do some really fun nails for today’s celebration so I did these super cute Snoopy Thanksgiving Nails.
I have been a Snoopy/Peanuts fan for as long as I can remember. Every year I always say I want to do Snoopy Thanksgiving Nails and I never get a chance to until now! Let’s take a look at how I created these.
First you will need a white polish, beige/nude polish and a fast drying top coat. I used:
- Essie Gel Setter
- Don’t Bossa Nova Me Around by OPI
- French Tip by Color Club
I purchased these Snoopy Thanksgiving Water Decals on eBay here. The shop has so many designs! They were also super affordable at $3 USD for this pack.
How to create Snoopy Thanksgiving nails:
- First step is to paint your nails white or a very light color. If you use dark colors, the decals won’t show up on the nail. I used French Tip by Color Club because it’s a one coater white. And also Don’t Bossa Nova Me Around by OPI because it’s a nude/beige.
- After your nails are dry, take the decal sheet and cut out the decal of your preference. Make sure that you cut as close to the image as possible.
- Next take your decal and place it in a lid or shallow cup filled with lukewarm water. Make sure it’s completely submerged in the water. Leave it in there for about 15-20 seconds.
- Use tweezers to take your decal out of the water. Shake off any excess water. Then slide it off it’s backing with your fingers. It will slide right off easily.
- Then place the decal on your nail with the tweezers. I use my finger to tap it on and position it where I want it and to remove any excess water that might have gotten underneath to avoid water bubbles.
- Add a glossy top coat and you’re done!
I created a step by step tutorial on how to create these on my YouTube channel here. Don’t forget to check it out and subscribe if you haven’t already:
These were so easy to do and perfect for today’s festivities!
What is your favorite thing to eat on Thanksgiving? Mine is turkey smothered in cranberry sauce. YUM! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family!