Valentine’s Day is later this week, so I will be sharing with you all some nail art ideas for this special occasion.
Today I was inspired by NewlyPolished and originally found this picture on Pinterest, but then found their Instagram and blog! These two Swedish girls have the cutest designs. So I decided to recreate this one.
This is the NewlyPolished design:
Here is mine:
How adorable right? Cute little stick figures sending their love to each other! I thought this was simple and different than the usual Valentine’s Day heart mani’s I’ve seen.
So here is how you can create your own adorable stick love figures! 🙂
You will need:
1. A nude or light pink polish – I used Do You Take Lei Away? by OPI 2015 Hawaii Collection
2. Thin nail art brush – mine is from a local beauty supply store
3. Red and black acrylic paint – I’ve found that using acrylic paint is easier than using actual nail polish for nail art
1. Paint your nails with your nude color of choice. I did two coats and HK Girl top coat, which is essential for dry time.
2. Once your nails are fully dry after about 8-10 minutes, take your thin nail art brush, dip it in black acrylic paint and draw your stick figures. I did the boy on the pointer and the girl on the pinky finger. Then clean your nail art brush and remove the black acrylic paint. I usually dip it in some Zoya nail polish remover and then clean it with a paper towel.
3. Once your nail art brush is clean, dip it in the red acrylic paint and paint the hearts! I did them across my middle and ring fingers and one for the boy and another for the girl of course.
4. Let the paint dry and add another coat of HK girl top coat on top.
Hope you liked this cute Valentine’s Day mani and feel inspired to recreate your own!
Stay strong in your Pursuit!